Artist’s Journal: NUMBER 57
“I now consider myself
to be at the beginning
of the beginning of
making something serious.”
– Vincent van Gogh to his brother Theo in 1881
I’m proud and pleased to be teaching a course at the New Bedford Art Museum called: Taming Watercolors: There’s Beauty in the Beast!
The class runs four consecutive weeks on Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm to 9:30pm, on June 5, 12, 19 & 26. The Museum is located at 608 Pleasant Street in New Bedford (at the corner of Pleasant and William Streets).
Registered students are asked to gather on the Lower Level of the Museum on Wednesday, June 5th at 6:30pm. Take the elevator to B and join us in the Education Room.
It’s a good idea to wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Even though watercolor isn’t messy, wear clothes that you won’t mind getting paint on.
- June 5: Tactility and, yes, believe it or not, how to control water.
- June 12: The watercolor brush as a mark-making tool rather than just a paint applicator.
- June 19: Connecting what you see to “all of you” and, what you’ve learned up to this point in the class.
- June 26: A review of everything that was learned in class and the time to create a “suitable for framing” watercolor.
- The first half is instructional, which includes exercises in method and technique.
- The second half is for applying what you’ve learned in an attempt at creating your earliest watercolor paintings.
Students who successfully complete the course will have been exposed to most of the basic watercolor information and skills they need to continue on their own or, to seek further or advanced instruction.
Please Note: My next class at the New Bedford Art Museum is called: The Principals of Drawing: Making Marks that Make Art
- Wednesdays: October 9, 16, 23 & 30
- 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- $160 Members / $175 for Non-Members (discount may apply – please inquire)
- Fee includes supplies
This is a different kind of drawing course. Anyone can draw!
Whether you’re a complete novice, a sometimes doodler or a self-motivated sketcher, this course will present you with the instruction you need to successfully begin what could be a lifetime drawing habit.
You will be introduced to the 7 T’s 2 Drawing instruction method I’ve developed. You’ll also will be able to executes well-rendered drawing when you successfully finish the course.
Not only that, you’ll also have the skills and tools to continue drawing to continue on your own or, to seek further or advanced instruction.
For information or to register call 508-961-3072 or email to firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted on: 29/05/2013, by : Ron Fortier